Each month Lyman PR creates a recap document describing some of the major PR highlights for that month. Recently, Lara Kaylor worked with Lyman to enhance and further develop the format of this report to give the community more information about what PR has been up to.
Check out the July 2014 report by clicking the link below to see the new format. http://mltindustryinsider.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/VM-July-Recap.pdf
July 2014 PR Highlights
Estimated Audience: 18.5 M
July Media Coverage
- “Eight Great Roadtrips” Est. Impressions: 2,732,291
- “10 Best Backpacking Trips” Est. Impressions: 6,726,701
- “Museum among Mammoth Upgrades” Est. Impressions: 123,945
- “Blues and Brews: A Mammoth Mountain Tradition” Est. Impressions: 643,827
- “The Very Best Parks in North American Ski Towns, Mapped!” Est. Impressions: 22,571
- “Recipe: how to cook bacon-parmesan trout ” Est. Impressions: 329,017
- “Five fun family things to to in Mammoth Lakes” (click to view) Est. Impressions: 428,434
- “8 Grand gran fondos” Est. Impressions: 6,802,238
- “Mammoth trails x3, a cross-section of riding goodness in Mammoth” Est. Impressions: 30,000
- “Video: three perfect Mountain bike rides in Mammoth Lakes” Est. Impressions: 473,870
- “Mammoth Lakes Full of Adventure in the Summer” Est. Impressions: 153,559
Mammoth Endurance Crib
Background: Hosted by SnowCreek, the Mammoth Lakes Endurance crib provides lodging to elite endurance athletes, gratis, with the goal of building the reputation of Mammoth Lakes and the Eastern Sierra as THE training ground In the U.S. for elite endurance athletes. The program started in 2011 and has grown exponentially. For the first first time this year the crib was completely booked throughout the
In July, the crib hosted:
• Ben Jacques-Maynes, professional cyclist
• The Liv-Giant demo cycling team
• Matt Russell, Ironman champion
• Leigh Donovan, world champion mountain biker
• Michael Torkler, professional cyclist
The program has generated media coverage in and of itself, including a piece written by MLT’s Lara Kaylor for Examiner.com and has generated a host of social media posts from the athletes (who have a tremendous audience), like the following:
Looking Forward: August 2014
Hosting upcoming visit from:
- GolfChannel.com, which will highlight the area’s golf courses, accommodations and eating options.
- Trekaroo.com, a leading family travel blog.
- SF Eater, a bay-area culinary website to write on Mammoth Lakes food and drink options.
- Switchback Magazine, for a visit built around the area’s mountain biking trails, both on and off the mountain.